One Pan Wonder Recipe - Sweet Corn Fritters
Sweet Corn Fritters are very simple to make, have hardly any ingredients and are perfect for snacks on the road. If you can make use of a hostel kitchen outside of the peak hour times, make a heap of them to eat right now and to take with you while sitting on a long bus ride the next day.
One Pan Wonder Sweet Corn Fritter Ingredients:
2 cups of fresh or frozen sweet corn kernels or 1 can of drained sweet corn kernels
1 cup of flour - wholemeal, gluten free, self raising (whatever you have)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Herbs and Spices if you have them
1/2 cup of milk (cows milk, soy milk, or even water)
One Pan Wonder Sweet Corn Fritter Instructions:
1) Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl
2) Mix all the wet ingredients in a glass really well
3) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. You may need to add a bit more flour or a bit more milk or water at this stage as the batter needs to be a little runny still.
4) Heat pan on low to medium heat, add a bit of oil if necessary.
5) Add heaped Tablespoons of sweet corn batter to the pan. Flatten out a little. Cook on each side for 2 - 3 minutes.
6) Serve either by themselves or with chilli sauce. These can be eaten hot or cold. Yum!