One Pan Wonder Recipe - Creamy Rice Pudding
Sometimes, when you travel, all you want is something sweet, creamy, and a little unhealthy. Creamy Rice Pudding is just what you need on those days and nights! Our recipe for Creamy Rice Pudding can be made as healthy or as unhealthy as you like. For a fairly healthy rice pudding use black or brown rice, don't add sugar and use almond or soy milk instead.
One Pan Wonder Creamy Rice Pudding Ingredients:
1/2 cup rice (short grain is preferred)
1/2 Tb butter
2/3 cup of water
1 cup milk (cows / soy / almond)
1 cup water
3 Tb sugar
1/2 tp vanilla concentrate (if you have it)
1/2 cinnamon quill (if you have it)
One Pan Wonder Creamy Rice Pudding Instructions:
1) On a low heat, simmer the rice, butter and water till the rice starts to look creamy and all the liquid has been absorbed. It should take about 5 minutes stirring constantly.
2) Once the liquid has evaporated from the rice, make sure no rice is stuck to the bottom of the saucepan.
3) Add the milk, water, sugar and vanilla essence and cinnamon quill, stir through the rice mixture. Turn the heat up to medium and bring the mixture to boil stirring constantly and making sure that it doesn't boil over.
4) Turn the heat back to low and add a lid to your saucepan. Let the mixture simmer for 15 - 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, making sure the rice is not stuck to the bottom of the saucepan.
5) The Creamy Rice Pudding is ready when the rice is soft to eat but still firm in texture and the liquid is thick and creamy. Take off the heat, remove lid and let sit for 10 minutes.
6) Serve either warm or chilled. We like to add raisins to ours as this adds some more sweetness. Yum!